Friday, August 5, 2011

Photos, photos and more photos...

I have spent the past five hours photographing my necklaces!  This morning I woke up and finished building my light box (which worked beautifully) so I figured I would take the photos and then... well, I didn't actually have any other plans today, but I figured I would do something else.  Instead, I took tons of photos, then downloaded them all and went through them to choose the best ones and delete the blurry, out of focus ones (they always look ok on the camera, but on the computer you can really see any mistakes!).  My set up looked something like this:

photobox on the table (with my small camera case as backdrop for the necklaces), lamp to the left, big fancy camera in front (with tissue paper tied over the flash)

You would think that after all the photos I took and the sorting through I did that, that would be the end of it.  But then my boyfriend looked over my shoulder and asked if I wanted him to show me how to do color correcting on Gimp.  Well, I have heard a lot about the wonders of color correcting and seen some of the photos he has done it too, so I said "Of course!"  I think that is what took up most of my time...  I had twenty necklaces with at least two photos of each and while it is not hard to color correct, it does take a bit of time.  I think it was worth it though.  Take a look at the difference:

before

after
Let's hope all this time I put in eventually pays off and I become an up-and-coming, in-demand jewelry designer...

No comments:

Post a Comment