Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chocolate!

I have always wanted to try making my own chocolate truffles.  I love chocolate and I figured making my own would be delicious and save me some money!  Sadly, it was one of those things I think about doing for a long time but never actually get around to trying.  Well, last week when I was shopping at Aldi (my favorite grocery store), I found these chocolate coffee beans.  They were not chocolate covered coffee beans, but coffee flavored chocolate in the shape of a coffee bean.  All I could think was, these would be perfect to put on top of a chocolate coffee truffle...

So, I decided to stop thinking about truffles and just try making them!  My technique is not at all perfect, and some of them look a bit funny, but they taste great!  So far I have tried a few different flavors: coffee, cinnamon, mint, vanilla, and plain dark chocolate.  I love them all! 

close up of the truffles as they dry

this is the cinnamon truffle filling

my tray of drying truffles

1 comment:

  1. New follower. Those truffles look so yummy. Drooling here. lol

    -Amy
    Distinctdesignsbyamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete