Monday, November 21, 2011

Rite of Passage

Hello again!  I took a bit of a break from my blog due to the busyness of life and the fact that I was out of town for two weeks.  However, as this Thursday approaches, it seems the appropriate time to begin again.  I am about to have one of those stereotypical, American rites of passage: cooking your first Thanksgiving dinner alone.  Since I am living in Germany, it is just another Thursday here.  This means that after working all day, I will come home and frantically cook for a few hours and then lots of people will show up at my house expecting that I have not burned the turkey and have plenty of food for all of them.  I really, really hope that is what happens.  I have planned out things to do to prepare everyday this week, so that Thursday is not too stressful.  I also bought a 14 pound turkey that I will be cooking alone.  We will see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment